Problems with the text editor
1. In CHROME
, when the textarea is empty, if you click it, you cannot see your cursor.
2. The background of the textarea is gray. I cannot change it to white. Both in "New Reply" and "New Thread".
3. In FireFox
, this is what I see when making a reply:
What happened to the buttons?! (Does not happen in Chrome or Safari)
4. The textarea, when you write, by default the font looks like some sort of Times New Roman. However, this is plain WRONG because it should be in reality ARIAL. If you write something and post it, the post will be in arial, but in the editor it looks like Times New Roman (ALL browsers)
5. The code block in the text editor incredibly basic. Look:
When the post is:
Shouldn't the code box that appears in the second image also appear while editing the message?
6. When you click the "view source" button while writing a post, the text is white. Obviously it doesn't go well with the gray background. It should be black instead. Can you help me change it to black?
7. When creating a new topic, once again the editor has the buttons messed up. In this case, this happens in CHROME and FIREFOX:
, I know I sound like a douche, making so many complaints. However, I am sincerely surprised by how terribly bugged the text editor is. Please, I require assistance in the above points. If it helps, my priorities are the following:
- Points 3 and 7. The buttons in the text editor are messed up.
- Point 4. Why does it look like Times New Roman by default? It should be Arial.
- Point 6. Hard to see the source when it is white on a gray background...
- Point 2. I need the textarea background white. But I cannot change it.
I have found a clue that may be related to the terrible text editor. When I view the page source, I see it tries to access a file jscripts/sceditor/textarea_styles/jquery.sceditor.Musk.css - but I have found that such file does NOT exist. I hope this helps you resolve this issue. I tried to provide such file but I don't really know what I'm doing.
I also understand that you probably didn't code this text editor. However, the fact remains that you shipped a product with a broken editor, and I really expect you will provide support. Please don't tell me to contact the creator of SCEditor - it is broken in your theme only (I have seen SCEditor in other sites and it was fine. And I haven't made any changes to your theme or my site and it is already broken!). At the very least tell me how to change the text editor to the default one in MyBB so I can perhaps install a different editor. I still expect support solving the points above, however.
, may I please have a refund so I can purchase a different skin of yours? (I know you stated you are not willing to, but perhaps if I buy another of your skins it would be acceptable for us?)