Welcome Guest ! Please   Login or Register

Check out our latest Premium Themes, Majestic , Majestic - Dark and Musk Themes for MyBB 1.8 Click to Shop Now

Now open for Custom Theme requests : Click to Order Now

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Made multiple changes in the CSS, only a few seems to be applying correctly

Xi.Cynx Offline

Nationality: United States of America

Mood: None

Made multiple changes in the CSS, only a few seems to be applying correctly

Product: Majestic MyBB Theme - (MyBB 1.6x - 1.8x) Stylish, Modern, Creative MyBB Template

Hi,

I recently purchased this amazing theme from you and have been editing away at it. But I've noticed some issues I've been running into. I've looked through this section to find a few of the changes I've been wanting to make and they've been easy to find and edit. However, after I make changes, nothing seems to be taking effect. For example:

I've removed the custom color and background chooser by removing the code from the Header Template. I saved the changes and it applied without issue and they are gone. Perfect.

I removed the template chooser in the Footer by doing the same thing. Went into the Footer Template and removed the code for it and the dropdown box is now gone after I saved the changes. Perfect!

----------

However, When trying to change the default color that everyone sees when using the site, I had not as much success and cannot figure out why. I went through the 'global.css', 'Postbit.css', 'Majestic.css', and 'Colors.css', copied the code from each section into Notepad++, and did a mass edit of the default red color, to a nice blue I wanted to use. After copying, changing and saving each Stylesheet, I reloaded the forums only to notice the color changes did NOT take effect and this puzzled me. Is there something else I am missing?

----------

The same thing went for removing the background and setting it to a plain color as opposed to an actual image. I went into the 'global.css' stylesheet, and changed the code in there from:

background-image: url(images/majestic/patterns/bg1.png);
to
background-image: none;

After saving the changes, and reloading the forums, the background image was still displaying. I am not sure why this isn't taking. I also went into the 'colors.css' stylesheet and removed the BACKGROUNDS PATTERNS and COLORS section to make sure it couldn't reference it, but it still held onto it. This is even after closing out of the web browser and clearing the cookies/cache. Any assistance on this would be gratefully helpful as well.

----------

The last thing is the set forum width. I went into the 'global.css' stylesheet and noticed there wasn't a 'width' style there, so I added it and set it to 1024px to change the page to only show in that width, after saving, the width did not change. I investigated more and found a 'width: 90%' inside of the #container section and tried changing that to 1024px, but once again, after saving, the width remained large and filling up the whole browser screen. I also tried changing the 'min-width' and 'max-width' in the .wrapper section to no avail. I appreciate your time in looking into this for me and seeing what other options there are to work with. Hope to hear back from you soon!

Well... The strangest thing just happened. I went browsing the internet for more information and all of a sudden about a half hour later I decided to refresh the forums again and the changes have applied! Does MyBB have a timer that it takes to apply all the changes made the css stylesheets? I found this extremely odd, but glad that the changes are working!
(This post was last modified: 10-24-2015 11:25 PM by Xi.Cynx.)
10-24-2015 10:49 PM
Find

Xi.Cynx Offline

RE: Made multiple changes in the CSS, only a few seems to be applying correctly

Okay, one more update on this. Now that all my changes have taken place after some odd update delay. I've noticed that IE and Chrome/Firefox are not rendering the width of the forum the same. As shown in the provided screenshots below, IE has kept a smaller mid section but it perfectly centered while Chrome/Firefox have a larger mid section but is not centered. Any ideas on how to fix this?

IE: http://prntscr.com/8uxevx
Chrome: http://prntscr.com/8uxfac
Firefox: http://prntscr.com/8uxf2e

Thanks!
10-25-2015 02:45 AM
Find

XENOTnet Offline

Nationality: Undisclosed

Majestic Bug - Expander

Hello, I have a little bug. I can't expand/hide the forum categories using the Arrow-Button. (http://prntscr.com/8wdumn)
(This post was last modified: 10-29-2015 01:17 AM by XENOTnet.)
10-29-2015 12:27 AM
Find

XENOTnet Offline

Nationality: Undisclosed

Majestic Bug - Multiple Multiple Tooltips

If I hover my Board's logo I get multiple tooltips. http://prntscr.com/8wejev
10-29-2015 01:16 AM
Find

envira Offline
Doctor Web

Facebook Google Plus Twitter
Nationality: India

Mood: Lazy

Hello buddy,
Actually, Majestic theme uses cookies for all the effects , colors , backgrounds etc.
So once you have loaded a certain color , until you clear the browser cookies, the changes would not disappear.
So all you need is clear your browser cache.
This would solve the issue.
Regarding the other two please post your forum link and i would check.
regards

[Image: lt79ucY.png]
10-29-2015 08:48 AM
Find

Xi.Cynx Offline

http://www.virtuegaming.net

Thank you very much!
10-30-2015 07:28 AM
Find

Xi.Cynx Offline

Hi there... any update? It's been a few weeks now and I can't say I'm flattered with the response time... Thanks!
11-12-2015 11:18 PM
Find

Xi.Cynx Offline

Full month later and still no reply... Starting to regret my purchase here.... Customer service has been next to anything put frustrating.
11-28-2015 10:09 PM
Find

envira Offline
Doctor Web

Facebook Google Plus Twitter
Nationality: India

Mood: Lazy

Hello buddy, sorry for the delayed response.
I really regret the time taken for your solution. But there has been a problem on our side, as we lost some precious data as our system crashed. Hence couldn't get in touch with our beloved customers till we fix it. Now can u PM me your forum with admin details so i could personally look into this and provide solution asap.
regards

[Image: lt79ucY.png]
11-29-2015 01:38 AM
Find