Welcome Guest ! Please   Login or Register

Check out our latest Premium Themes, Majestic , Majestic - Dark and Musk Themes for MyBB 1.8 Click to Shop Now

Now open for Custom Theme requests : Click to Order Now

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pending Theme for gaming community

Cyberuben Offline

Nationality:

Mood: None

Theme for gaming community

Hi,

I'd like to request a theme for my community. Currently we have a theme that was free for download on mybb.com, customizations made by me and we added some extra pages. Now, we think that our website looks a little messy, so we're looking for a fresh new theme.

Before we had a black and white contrast website, and I don't really want that either.

I have a few things I'd like very much
  • I want the theme to have some "place" where I can place a small version of our serverbrowser, a smaller one.
  • I want it to be able to have some sort of "Homepage", a portal, just a page where I can add custom content myself. I have PHP Knowledge, so I know how to do this, all I'm trying to say is that I would like a design that looks good without any forum parts, and has possibility for me to put some 16:9 sized screenshots, let's say, 4 next to eachother.
  • We have leaderboards, and I'd like to see a decent CSS layout for this. I want to add a picture that will be 100px x 100px, most likely, on the left. If you could provide me with a layout that looks properly on this, I am willing to pay more for this (simple though)
  • I don't want it to be possible for big images to stretch my website. Currently it's possible to have an image in your signature that stretches the entire page. Some CSS I used fixed it on some pages, but also made things messed up on some others.
  • I want a "Classic postbit", so, I want the user information on the left instead of the top. There is some information that MUST be included, preferably in a menu that shows up when hovering over the name (just like on top, the breadcrumbs), like SteamID, Bananas and Server icons.

- Bananas is a number ranging from 0 to 999,999,999,999,999
    - SteamID looks like STEAM_0:1:20219592
    - Server-icons to indicate ranks for users. A table with each row formatted as "{server icon} {rank on server}", then one row for each server we have.
  • Our logo is almost all text and vector based. I would love if someone could convert the circle in our logo to a vector too.
  • New design for donationbar and server-counters (may be done in photoshop, but has to be somewhat CSS only)

Requirements
  • The use of yellow and black. I like their combination and therefor I'd like our forum theme to be in this color
  • Fixed width, somewhere 1100 px or 1200 px, INCLUDING the "side block" where I can put some information such as a simple serverbrowser.

Link to our website: http://casualbananas.com

We don't really have a "budget", we don't know what's an average price so we didn't actually limit ourself to something. Before anyone starts this project, I'd like to know how much this is going to cost us.
(This post was last modified: 01-11-2013 01:00 AM by Cyberuben.)
01-11-2013 12:28 AM
Find

Dominic L. Offline
Design the Web

Nationality: Undisclosed

RE: Theme for gaming community

Hey @Cyberuben,

Our services start at $50 for a basic theme and the price increases depending on the complexity of the theme. Features such as CSS-only buttons, custom navigation and other various features are considered to be 'advanced' and therefore you have to pay more than the starting price to get them incorporated into your requested theme.

If you provide us with more information on what kind of theme you're looking for (apart from the forum niche), when we'll be able to provide you with a proper quote. We'd also appreciate if you could specify what kind of budget you have available for us to work with, just in case you don't have a clear vision of how your theme should look like.

Thanks for considering MySkins for your them request!
01-11-2013 11:56 AM
Find

Cyberuben Offline

Nationality:

(01-11-2013 11:56 AM)Pirate_Dominic Wrote:  Hey @Cyberuben,

Our services start at $50 for a basic theme and the price increases depending on the complexity of the theme. Features such as CSS-only buttons, custom navigation and other various features are considered to be 'advanced' and therefore you have to pay more than the starting price to get them incorporated into your requested theme.

If you provide us with more information on what kind of theme you're looking for (apart from the forum niche), when we'll be able to provide you with a proper quote. We'd also appreciate if you could specify what kind of budget you have available for us to work with, just in case you don't have a clear vision of how your theme should look like.

Thanks for considering MySkins for your them request!

I'm basically looking for a dark, good looking theme. CSS only buttons sound very promising, and seeing this website proves that you have something that I'm looking for. The current theme I have is just "Messy", it's all CSS, but because of this some postbits stretch and such.

I don't really know how much more information I could give you. For me it's simple, I'd like some of the things I described above, a dark theme, fixed width, CSS only buttons, some nice jQuery things.

Because of the gaming community I run, we have some decent amount of money, but my budget would be somewhere around $150 - $200. I'd have to discuss with the co-owner, as we both pay for it.

EDIT:
For the navigation, currently my "Menu" is a little messy, I'd like some more clean stuff, but with possibility to add multiple new items there, without it being cluttered, or like on some ugly websites where people keep adding items into their navigation untill they get sent to a new line, having a 2x higher menu.

Also, currently on smaller pages, the footer comes up and it looks pretty bad, so I'd also like a sticky footer or a footer that just expands as the page is smaller. Example of how it shouldn't be (You have to register...) http://casualbananas.com/forums/move_bananas.php

If you want, I could draw something in photoshop of what I am looking for?
I'm also a little in a rush, so I've asked people for the same thing in multiple places. I'm mostly looking for the fastest designed, but I still want quality, ofcourse.
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2013 07:34 PM by Cyberuben.)
01-11-2013 12:10 PM
Find

Cyberuben Offline

Nationality:

Is this website active at all, because I need my theme soon, atleast, I don't want to wait 3 weeks.
01-12-2013 07:34 PM
Find

envira Offline
Doctor Web

Facebook Google Plus Twitter
Nationality: India

Mood: Lazy

Hello and welcome,
Thanks for your interest in us.
Sure we can make one best theme for your site.
I have send you a PM regarding the further discussion about the theme.
Regards,

[Image: lt79ucY.png]
01-13-2013 04:15 AM
Find

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [1.8x] need custom theme gaming Alaa Al 2 4,892 01-02-2016 01:16 PM
Last Post: Tandy
  Need a gaming theme faded707 3 2,657 02-16-2014 01:49 PM
Last Post: H1dd3nD3a7h
  [Finished] Theme for gaming forum colgate 5 2,298 06-16-2013 10:15 PM
Last Post: envira
  [Declined] Custom Theme for Gaming Forum Jamal 3 1,511 05-06-2013 12:24 AM
Last Post: envira
  [Finished] Custom theme for Virtual Goods Marketplace/Community Wilson 0 733 01-18-2013 02:00 AM
Last Post: Wilson
  [Declined] Custom Gaming Theme Rain 2 913 12-30-2012 09:29 PM
Last Post: Rain